Learning & Development Resource Centre
The Learning & Development Resource Centre provides a wide range of exciting materials and resources to assist with the continuing professional development of teaching and support staff, governors, childminders and social workers to assist with their needs.
The resource centre holds resources in the following areas:
- Special Needs, Behaviour Management, Inclusion, Child Development and the Curriculum.
- Childcare and Early Years (including childminders and pre-school staff).
- Classroom activities and artefacts to support learning.
- Family Support, Social Work and Safeguarding.
- Health Care and Extended Schools.
- PSHE, Citizenship and Emotional Literacy.
Also available are:
- A large and varied assortment of puppets for use in the classroom and to assist with Social and Emotional Development.
- Many big books, both fiction and non-fiction.
- Artefacts and hands-on teaching resources.
- Students reading lists tracked and resourced.
- Study area with internet access – available for bookings.
The Learning & Development Resource Centre details:
Address: Downside Community & Learning Centre, Furrlongs, Newport, Isle of Wight, PO30 2AX
Tel: (01983) 520104
Mon, Tues & Weds: 8:30am – 5:00pm
Thursday: 8:30am – 6:00pm (5:00pm in school holidays)
Friday: 8:30am – 4:30pm
You can search our resources online here: Library Online
Click below for a copy of our latest termly newsletter containing information about new resources:
Resource Centre Newsletter - Summer Term 2013