Also known as: Admissions to Schools, Application for School Place, Change of School, Education Admission, Primary Schools, Secondary Schools, School Places, Secondary School Places
Service Description: The School Admissions Service co-ordinates school admissions for the Isle of Wight.
The Isle of Wight has 51 community, foundation, church aided and academy schools. There are:
41 primary schools (for pupils aged 4 to 11)
7 secondary schools (for pupils aged 11 to 19)
2 mixed-sex special schools (for pupils aged 4 to 11 and 11 upwards)
1 Studio School (for pupils commencing Year 10.)
You can get information/advice on the following from the school admissions office:
• School admissions
• School transport eligibility
• Free school meals and 2 year old funding eligibility
• Other general information about education on the Isle of Wight.
Our customer service charter:
We aim to deliver an excellent and efficient service to you.
This charter is our promise to you that:
• we will be courteous and respectful and do all we can to respond appropriately to requests for service;
• we will help you to use our services, explaining what we can do and what we cannot do;
• we will give you straightforward information and use plain language;
• we will consult with you regularly and take account of your comments;
• we will treat everyone fairly;
• we will continuously aim to improve our services;
• we will learn from our mistakes, work hard to avoid making them again and aim to put things right should they go wrong.
Your commitment to us:
• To behave in a considerate and polite way so that we can give you and other customers the standard of service you would expect.
• Not to abuse staff, either physically or verbally.
• To attend an appointment on time, or let us know if you cannot do so.