Admissions Policy 2015-16
The Isle of Wight School Admissions Policy is set in accordance with the School Admissions Code of Practice published by the Department for Education.
The Isle of Wight Council is the Admissions Authority for all Community and Voluntary Controlled schools on the Island. Voluntary Aided and Foundation and Trust schools are responsible for their own admissions arrangements, as are Academies. The Admissions Code of Practice also requires local authorities to formulate a scheme for co-ordinating admission arrangements for all maintained schools in their area.
The Code of Practice requires local authorities to consult each year on the admission arrangements for those schools for which they are responsible unless their admission arrangements were consulted on in one or both of the two previous years, and they are the same as the arrangements consulted on previously. The Admissions Policies published on this website are the same as those consulted on in 2012-13 for September.
The Admissions Policies for all maintained, aided, foundation, trust schools and academies on the Island can be accessed below, or by contacting the School Admissions office.
Policies for In Year Admission to Isle of Wight Schools 2014
The Isle of Wight operates a two tier system of schools which comprises Primary schools with an age range of 4 to 11 years and Secondary schools with an age range of 11-19. The admissions policies for these schools can be found through the links below:
In Year Admissions Policies for Community and Voluntary Controlled Schools
Policies for Admission to Isle of Wight Schools September 2014-15
Policies for Admission to Isle of Wight Schools September 2015-16
- Determination of School Admissions Arrangements for 2015 (PDF, 45.31KB, 1 page)
- Admissions Numbers 2015-16 (PDF, 46.48KB, 2 pages)
- Location of Primary Schools Map (PDF, 60.05KB, 1 page)
- Location of Secondary Schools (PDF, 45.04KB, 1 page)
- Timetable for September 2015 Primary School Admissions in September 2015 (PDF, 28.20KB, 1 page)
- Timetable for applications on transferring to Secondary School in September 2015 (PDF, 28.09KB, 1 page)
Admissions Policies for Community and Voluntary Controlled Schools 2015-16
Admissions Policies for Voluntary Aided, Foundation and Trust Schools and Academies
- Brighstone CE Primary Admissions Policy & Supplementary Information Form (PDF, 4.47MB, 9 pages)
- Newport CE Primary Admissions Policy & Supplementary Information Form (PDF, 4.47MB, 9 pages)
- Oakfield CE Primary Admissions Policy & Supplementary Information Form (PDF, 2.61MB, 9 pages)
- St. Francis Catholic and CE Primary School Admissions Policy (PDF 117.65MB, 5 pages) - Supplementary Information Form (PDF, 73.29MB, 3 pages)
- Yarmouth CE Primary Admissions Policy & Supplementary Information Form (PDF, 757.21KB, 11 pages)
- Common Admissions Policy for Catholic Primary Schools (PDF, 266.60KB, 4 pages)
- Christ the King College Admissions Policy (PDF, 131.47KB, 8 pages) - Supplementary Information Form (PDF, 194.53KB, 6 pages)
The Island Free School
Additional Reports and Policies
- Local Authority Report to Schools Adjudicator (PDF, 216.74KB, 15 pages)
- Home to School Transport Policy (PDF, 979.30KB, 27 pages)
- Home to School Transport Policy (PDF, 359.583KB, 14 pages) (comes into effect from September 2015)
- Post-16 Transport Policy (PDF, 177.36KB, 15 pages) (comes into effect for the academic year 2014/15)
- Fair Access Protocol (PDF, 259.84KB, 14 pages)