The council is responsible for the collection, treatment and disposal of household waste and recyclables produced on the Island - which is undertaken through a contract with Island Waste Services (a subsidiary of Biffa Municipal Ltd).
As part of its commitment to ongoing service improvement, the council is seeking views on the current service as well as considerations for the future by conducting a local survey.
If you would like to contribute towards this survey please click here. Alternatively, you can collect and return a paper copy of the survey at any of the following locations (from 1st October 2014):
- Council offices – Newport (County Hall and Seaclose).
- Help centres – Newport (County Hall), Ryde (Ryde Library), Sandown (Civic Centre).
- Libraries – Bembridge, Brighstone, Cowes, East Cowes, Freshwater, Newport (Lord Louis), Niton (Edward Edwards), Ryde, Sandown, Shanklin, Ventnor.
- Children’s centres – Cowes, East Cowes, Newport (East), Newport (West), Ryde, Sandown, Shanklin, Ventnor, West Wight (Freshwater).
- Leisure centres – Medina (Newport), Westridge (Ryde), The Heights (Sandown).
- Job centres – Newport (Broadlands House), Ryde (High Street).
- Other locations – Newport Guildhall, Downside Community Learning Centre (Newport), Carnival Learning Centre (Westridge, Ryde), St Mary’s Hospital (main reception).
The closing date for this survey is the 7th November 2014. Once the closing date for the survey has passed, the information will be collated and used to monitor the operation of the current service. It will also be used to consider potential improvements for the future.