Licensing - Alcohol and Entertainment

Apply for a Personal Licence

A Personal licence permits a person to authorise the supply of alcohol at premises licensed for that purpose. Each premises supplying alcohol must also have a "designated premises supervisor", who must be the holder of a personal licence. In the circumstance of someone being issued a Temporary Event Notice (TEN), the applicant of the TEN may authorise the sale of alcohol at the event and does not need to be a personal licence holder.

Application Process

The application for a new personal licence must include:

  • A licensing qualification, Level 2 Award for Personal Licence Holders.
  • A Disclosure and Barring Services check which is dated no more than 28 days before the application. Basic checks can be obtained from Disclosure Scotland for further details call their helpline number 03000 2000 40, or visit their website by clicking here.
  • Two passport style photographs with the application.
    Please note:
    one of the photos should be certified as to the likeness of the applicant, and signed by a solicitor or notary, a person of standing in the community or any individual with a professional qualification.
  • A completed 'Application for a Personal Licence form' which is available by clicking here to download and complete. (PDF, 70KB, 7 pages).
  • A completed Disclosure of convictions and declaration form which is available by clicking here to download and complete.  (PDF, 45KB, 4 pages).
  • A fee of £37.00 must be paid at the time an application is made. Please call the telephone number found in the contact tab above to make payment.

All completed forms and information as outlined above should be sent to: 
Licensing Section, Jubilee Stores, The Quay, Newport, Isle of Wight, PO30 2EH.

Public Register

The council maintains public registers for all licences which have been granted. A summary of the public register licences, consents, permits and registrations can be viewed on the council's website by clicking here.