Adult Social Care - Paying for Care

Funding Your Own Care

Service Update

Possible changes to non-residential care charging Consultation

The Isle of Wight Council is asking for people’s views on changing its Non-Residential Care Charging Policy for people who receive adult social care. We are considering including disability benefit income at the higher or enhanced rate as part of the financial means test when we levy charges on people.

To learn more and take part in the consultation please click here.

This page contains a list of links to external providers who offer information, help and advice on their websites.  Please note: that the providers referred to are not affiliated to the Isle of Wight Council and it is your responsibility to make checks before contacting them.

  • Paying For Care - Information to help a person make more informed decisions about their long term care -
  • Money Advice Service - Information to access specialist care fee advisers in your area -
  • Society of Later Life Advisers (SOLLA) - Information to access specialist care fee advisers in your area - .
  • Isle Help Advice Hub - 7 High Street, Newport, Isle of Wight, PO30 1SS also provides a central contact point for Citizens Advice Bureau and Age UK.  The Hub can be contacted on 01983 823898 (Advice Line for landlines), 0300 3300 650 (Advice Line for mobiles) -

You can use these contacts to obtain independent information, help and advice about your own particular circumstances, including paying for your care, deferred payment scheme, court of protection procedure and lasting power of attorney procedure.

If you have been identified as having eligible care and support needs and have also been identified as a self-funder the council can still assist you to arrange your own care. To find out more information please click here (PDF, 97.2KB, 1 page).