Adult Social Care - Shared Lives


Shared Lives carers offering a long-term arrangement to a service user receive a fee which is made up as follows:

  • Individual pays rent, usually through claiming housing benefit.

  • Service users pay directly for food and utility bills; the amount is set by the Shared Lives service using DWP guidelines.

  • The commissioning teams within the Adult Social Care department will pay the social care/support element of the fee. The Shared Lives team will advise carers on how to submit invoices for this payment as appropriate.