West Wight Coastal Strategy
West Wight Coastal Flood and Erosion Risk Management Strategy
The Isle of Wight Council and the Environment Agency have developed a Coastal Flood and Erosion Risk Management Strategy, which was published for a period of public consultation from 31 March to 30 June 2016 and a series of public exhibitions were held during this period.
The ‘West Wight Coastal Flood and Erosion Risk Management Strategy’ recommends the preferred approaches for managing coastal flood and erosion risk for an 84km frontage of the Isle of Wight coast from Freshwater Bay to East Cowes.
The Final Strategy will be published here in early 2017 following completion of the process of adoption by the Local Authority and national approval.
For the latest news and information on the finalisation of the Strategy, please click here (website).
The draft Strategy can be downloaded here: Full Strategy (PDF, 18MB, 168 pages).
A Summary Report can be downloaded here: Summary Report (PDF, 4MB, 36 pages).
A series of technical Appendices are also available to view and are listed below:
- Appendix A: Defence Condition Review (PDF, 717KB, 13 pages)
- Appendix B: Contaminated Land Review (PDF, 440KB, 34 pages)
- Appendix C: Coastal Processes Review (PDF, 6.22MB, 222 pages)
- Appendix D: Flood Risk Modelling and Mapping (PDF, 7.19MB, 40 pages)
- Appendix E: Stakeholder Engagement Feedback (PDF, 2.47MB, 44 pages)
- Appendix F: Economic Appraisal (PDF, 4.27MB, 98 pages)
- Appendix G: Strategic Environmental Assessment Report (PDF, 4.27MB, 201 pages)
- Appendix H: Habitats Regulations Assessment Report (PDF, 1.96MB, 71 pages)
- Appendix I: Water Framework Directive Assessment (PDF, 3.71MB, 88 pages)
- Appendix J: Option Development and Appraisal (PDF, 5.27MB, 114 pages)